GET HELP – Find an Elmer
Elmering is a time-honored tradition in amateur radio. Elmers are tutors, of sorts, who try to help new hams get into the hobby (or individuals areas of the hobby) in the best manner possible.
Looking for help? You’ve come to the right place. Below, find a list of ARROW members who have volunteered to help others in various areas. You can e-mail them by simply clicking on their names. If a telephone number is listed, feel free to phone them.
If you need help in an area that is not listed, or if you’d like to volunteer to be an Elmer, contact Dan, KB6NU (email@example.com, 734-930-6564), and he’ll try to set you up with the appropriate Elmer.
- Buying Your First Radio/Setting Up Your First Station: Ed, AB8OJ 734-327-6103; Dan KB6NU, 734-930-6564
- Morse Code/CW Practice: Dan KB6NU, 734-930-6564; Jack, WT8N (antenna modeling)
- Casual/restricted station: Ed, AB8OJ 734-327-6103
HF Operation (1.8 – 30 MHz)
- New to HF: Ed, AB8OJ 734-327-6103; Dan KB6NU, 734-930-6564
- Antennas: Jay, WB8TKL; Jack, WT8N (antenna modeling)
- Mobile Operation: Ralph, AA8RK
- FM, Repeaters: Ralph, AA8RK
- Contesting: Steve, WB8WSF
- 900 MHz:
- Everything Else:
- Classes, Testing: Dan KB6NU, 734-930-6564; Mark, W8FSA
- Public Service: Jay, WB8TKL (ARES, RACES, Skywarn) 734-327-6103
- Traffic Handling: Jay, WB8TKL
- Civilian aircraft (HF/VHF): Ed, AB8OJ 734-327-6103
- Computers: Jay, WB8TKL; Ed, AB8OJ (Windows/MacOS/Linux) 734-327-6103
- Tube Radios: Mark, W8FSA
- Homebrew/Kit Building: Dan KB6NU, 734-930-6564
- Awards (WAS, DXCC, etc.): Jack, WT8N